header

Pages

5.07.2011

OCC- the Wonder of Weaving

----this is my 2nd post of the day...to get info on the SP and Company blog hop, scroll down or click here----

This week is mine again to host at Our Creative Corner, and my challenge is to explore the wonders of weaving (corny, I know!).

There are many ways to incorporate the technique of weaving in your paper crafting. You can weave paper strips, ribbon, decorative trims, felt, fabric, etc. This week, weave something into your project!

I had a lot of fun making my card, and I adore the color scheme! A few weeks ago, a phone book ended up on our doorstep (does anyone even use phone books anymore....?). I cut super-tiny strips from one of the pages and wove them tightly together to create a background. I then die-cut the bird and layered it over my woven paper.

My sentiment is from SP and Company, and the embellishments include: a pearl sticker, clay flower, satin ribbon, scrap of lace, and 2 buttons tied with embroidery floss (again, I'm totally obsessed with the stuff!).




I sure hope you check out the projects from the rest of the DT over at Our Creative Corner!
I'm also linking this up for the brand spankin' new CAS-ual Fridays challenge, which is to use text on a CAS card...so much fun!

17 comments:

  1. Wow! I love how you wove the strips of phone book to make your bird. You are so clever! Thanks again, for the GREAT challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I love this concept of the weave behind a die cut. This is such a cute card. Love that purple flower and the simplicity of the design. Wonderful as always! Thanks for the unique challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the textiest bird EVER! How clever to back a reverse die cut! LOVE it :) So happy you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is super rad dearie!!!! Hope all is well.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So innovative you've taken phone books to the next level! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card Jen, love the lime and purple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing and such a clever idea - absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an amazing design! Love the weave behind the bird, so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your weaving looks so cool! Great idea to show it through a cutout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen...wow! You really put alot of work into this card! This is so pretty! I am so glad you played along with us at CAS!! It's good to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful to have you with us in the Break Room over at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge....I absolutely adore this entry! I love the design, the colors and well...everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome technique!!! Love the fun texture and interesting eye appeal that the phone book weave creates behind that die cut bird image. This is really stunning!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!! Hope you'll share more of your beautiful work with us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card, so impressive. I was not done reading your post and I was thinking how perfect this is for The new CAS-ual Friday Challenge. Nice touch too, adding one of your own little flowers,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a stunning die-cut... What die is it?? And the text background is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow... Loving the effect of weaving the phonebook!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...