header

Pages

2.04.2014

ric#53

Sorry that I have been MIA for a while...I've been working on some things behind the scenes and I hope to get back to blogging regularly! (plus I went on a little vacation last week to visit my family in Florida!! It was so much fun!!)

Today is a Runway Inspired Challenge day, and I can't tell you how much I want this dress. I know I said it last time, and it's true once again.  I actually don't think that my card does the dress any justice whatsoever- but my teammates totally knocked it out of the park!


source: style.com



I used some neon gouache to paint a smoke-like wash of color across the card.  I embossed the grid pattern onto vellum, and placed it on top along with a thin strip of black cardstock.

I wish I had time to re-do this card....I think I would change the sentiment and maybe forgo the vellum.  Oh well! :)

Now prepare yourself to be amazed when visiting the blogs of my teammates!
Tasnim Ahmed - Cards & Bookmarks
Virginia (Yes, Virginia...)
Kristen Foreman - Kristen Foreman Designs
Pamela Ho - miao
Joni will be joining us later in the week! :)

11 comments:

  1. The DEPTH that you achieved with the neon paint is amazing! Love love the contrast! No re-do required! It's perfect as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually *love* this card Jen! The cloud/smoke of neon gouache (wow, that's neon?! It's incredible the tones you achieved there!) is so signature you, and I love the bold and graphic tone of your lace and sentiment! You'll have to fight me for this dress though - it's right up my alley too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.my.gosh! That watercolouring / cloudy smoke of Neon is awesome Jen! The black is so striking against the pop of colour! Am sure if you did redo this card, it would be just as fabulous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jen, this is gorgeous! I'd be interested to see what you would do in a redo, because I think this one is perfect as it is! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't change a thing~this is amazing, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it allll!!! And I honestly thought you posted a photo of yourself :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background effect Jen! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaaaaaand the queen of watercolour strikes again with her weapon, the paintbrush. ;D
    LOVE this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your take on the inspiration photo, and that gouache is VERY intriguing!! It gives the appearance of watercolor, which I'm totally obsessed with these days. Must investigate further. Hope you enjoyed your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the wonderful wash effect - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jen, just wondered what card stock you used. I find Neenah card goes bubbly if I add too much water, but yours is very white and does't look like watercolour paper?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...