header

Pages

10.16.2010

Pleated Butterfly

I am so excited about this card for the Moxie Fab World's Perfectly Placed Pleats Challenge! I chose to make a pleated butterfly by accordion-folding a piece of white vellum, then cutting it to the shape I liked. To hold the pleats together, I wrapped purple embroidery floss around the "body," then tied a knot at the top for the head, and used a needle to thread the "antenna" through to the back side of the striped cardstock panel.

The purple strip across the bottom was a perfect anchor for the sentiment, and I brought more of the same embroidery floss to the bottom of the card by threading it through 2 blue eyelets.

Thanks for checking it out!



5 comments:

  1. O lovely butterfly pleats! Your card is beautiful! All the best on the Moxie Fab challenge, and Hugs from a fellow-contestant :)

    Viola
    www.violamahr.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How unique your butterfly is....and I love your color selection! I had to smile at your "bio", you know it leaves one to ponder on what "terrible" shows such a crafty elementary school teacher could be watching. : D Have a great and crafty week! Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how innovative!! Such a delicate looking beautiful butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the graphic simplicity of the butterfly !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen! Thanks for entering the Perfectly Placed Pleats challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...