header

Pages

10.26.2010

Pumpkins!

Last night, my husband and I finally got around to carving our Halloween pumpkins. It's probably been at least 5 years since I have carved one, and I have always done the stereotypical terribly hacked "jack o lantern" face. This year, I wanted to challenge myself. After much inner debate, I ultimately decided to make Samus' Varia Suit helmet.

So we grabbed some hot chocolate, put in the DVD of 30 Days of Night, and got to carving.

I realized through trial and error that it is easier to thin out the pumpkin (for the highlighted sections) by scraping out the inside, instead of carving out the front. The spoon was my weapon of choice for this. On the front, I tried to be as precise as possible, leaving those thin little trails of pumpkin skin. Below is a pic of the final product- The first 2 pics are okay, but once lit up, it looked just the way I imagined!!





My husband, Dave, also did an awesome job with his- Vault Boy from Fallout:


1 comment:

  1. Nothing compares to a real pumpkin, especially ones so beautifully carved!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...