header

Pages

4.02.2011

OCC Girl Power!

Good morning! Our new hostess for the next 2 Our Creative Corner Challenges is Sharon Wheet. She's challenging us to muster up some girl power and make a girly card that includes:
~handmade paper flower
~ribbon
~bling (either rhinestone or glitter)

The card I'm sharing was IMPOSSIBLE to photograph. Not sure why, but it's definitely been giving me a headache! So, if I can take a picture later that is less lame, I'll update it on the blog. For now, you're stuck with these:

Update: Although not perfect, these new pics are better:


I put a little rhinestone in the center of each flower, and chose to go sentiment-less. I imagine that if I was giving this to someone, I'd add a nice sentiment on the inside.

Hope you can join us this week, and please check out the other projects from the DT at Our Creative Corner!

9 comments:

  1. Jennifer, this is just lovely! I almost did a wedding cake! I LOVE the simplicity of this card. That the cake and ribbon at the bottom are the same color really balance out the card well and I love the way you used the different colors for flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo pretty...love all the blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, I am always amaed at what you create! I think your sentiment-less card is absolutely stunning! I love the flowers cascading down the cake. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO good! This is just gorgeous! Perfectly embellished, yet still so simple. How can you restrain yourself? I'm an embellishment jusnkie...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous and doesn't need a sentiment! Must have been fun doing all those flowers. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be perfect for lots of occasions, but I thought wedding right away too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - I love the colors and all the adorable flowers. Who wouldn't want a cake like that? It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning, love the flowers down the cake!!! It is perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just lovely, Jen! The simplicity of the overall card against all those sweet flowers is really powerful! I really love the color of the background too! Beautiful take on this week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...