header

Pages

9.15.2011

FYI Guest Designer

I'm so happy that due to winning one of their challenges, I was asked to guest-design at For Your Inspiration! I love drawing inspiration from gorgeous photos, like the one below:

The water and colors are just so pretty! I used the bright blue, teal green, and brown to add stripes to my card, layered in the same order as the photo. The boat is up on foam tape, and (I hope you can see it) there is an embossed cloud on the left side of the white cardstock panel. You can really see the dimension in person. I did it by adhering 2 pieces of cardstock together and cutting out the cloud shape. Then I ran the cloud and cardstock through my die cutter as you would with an embossing plate.



Not sure what the "congratulations" is for....maybe "congrats on your new boat?" I really only used that sentiment because it was still on my crafting table from another project!

Hope you join the lovely ladies at FYI!

13 comments:

  1. I love this card, Jennifer. That cloud is great! I would never have thought of doing that. Your CAS style is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea with the cloud effect. Love the way you've distilled the colours into bands. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous! We're so blessed to have you as our guest designer this challenge!
    Hugs!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoooo...congrats...fabulously clean and crisp card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looooovvvvvveeee this, maybe a vacation card? win the lotto card? promotion card?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new boat! Hahahaha! Love those debossed clouds, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it could be a congrats for retirement (like you're retiring on a cruise ship or something). Love the stripes and how you made the embossed cloud. I always love your cards--they are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the clean, crispness of the card and thanks for the idea for making your own embossing shapes! And I agree with Jocelyn - it's a perfect retirement card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the simple, neat design Jennifer, the strips of blue just give the perfect pop of colour:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love the design, so simple yet so striking! And what an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! This card makes me swoon! I think this card would be great for anyone about to embark on a travelling adventure!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card...perfect with its simplicity and clean lines. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! I'm so glad you could join us as a Guestie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...