header

Pages

9.30.2011

OCC World Card Making Day!


(for the MTE October Stamp release, scroll down or click here)

It's World Card Making Day! Awesome! I'm hoping I have time to make some today, although my husband and I are going into Boston for a food festival. Should be a fun day no matter what!

Lori is our host this week at Our Creative Corner, and in honor of WCMD, the challenge is to make a project that is inspired by a country other than your own. I wanted to do something a little unexpected, so as I was brainstorming, I remembered a project I did

in 5th or 6th grade. We had to research a foreign country and prepare a presentation. I was assigned Argentina, and I remember sewing their flag (with help from my grandma) to bring to my presentation. It was so cool! It was the first time I ever used a sewing machine too.

For those of you not up on your Argentinian culture (umm...probably a lot of you), here's what their flag looks like:


and here's my card:


This one is getting entered in this week's challenge at SSS.

I hope you enjoy World Card Making Day....make sure to check us out over at OCC to join in the fun!

13 comments:

  1. Love it, Jennifer! It's the perfect card to start off my day. Bright enough to make me smile. Enjoy your time with your hubby. Maybe get back to crafting later in the day. Have fun whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg!!!! I was so impressed when I saw this card!!! I am from Argentina lol I would have never thought making my flag into a card!! woww congrats is really nice (: You make my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. before going... can I write about your card in my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, and love your perspective on Argentina. It sounded as if you have fond memories sewing with your grandma. :)
    enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool - love your sun! Totally brilliant to use the flag for inspiration! I struggled to find inspiration for this challenge and I never thought of a country's flag.

    Hope you had a great tie at the food festival!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I think it's all the more special coupled with the memory of sewing it as a child. LOL on the help... yep, I sure needed the visual to picture their flag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Jennifer, a perfect replica of the flag, fab idea.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for us anything goes challenge, we'd love it if you could join us again and help reach our target of 1000 entry's
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool to use a flag as inspiration, jennifer:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So awesome! They have the perfect flag! So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous take on the international challenge Jen ... I love your card and that gorgeous yellow sun makes the whole card happy, bright and super cheerful!
    Love it ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this - the bright colors and happy sun are so fun! The embossing on the blue panels really makes them pop. Maybe Argentina should add that to their flag! LOL! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool Jennifer, love that sun and your BG looks amazing!! Sorry I am so behind with my commenting lately!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...