header

Pages

9.14.2011

Some Birdy Loves You

One more card for today....

Today has been a great day for 2 reasons: First, I got my PTI order that I placed with a birthday gift card. Free crafting goodies are always awesome! The other reason will be explained later in this post....

I adore the image above, which is this week's Tuesday Trigger. The abundance of white, the bright colors in bold patterns, and the delicate nature of the photo. I tried to incorporate all of these in my card:


My sentiment is from My Thoughts Exactly. Cute, huh? The lovely Alyssa (the owner) sent the DT some papers from the Echo Park Springtime Collection a few weeks ago, and I have been having a great time using them! Makes me wish we weren't approaching autumn.

Now...onto the 2nd reason why today was a great day. And it requires a bit of explaining (sorry for the long post). Some of this you might remember me mentioning a while ago:

Randomly one day I made a font from my handwriting. Kind of sloppy handwriting too- it was more of an experiment to see if it would work. It did, and I linked it up to dafont.com - check it out here - to see if anyone would download it. Many people did! Then one day I got an email from some woman who I never heard of making a movie for a film company I never heard of, and she offered me $ to let her use my font in her movie. "Sure!"

That was over a year ago, I think. Today, Dave and I were checking to see what was on the instant streaming for Netflix, and there was the movie!! Lifted. So I figured my font would be used for the title only, but it was used for all of the opening credits too!! It was so bizarre to see, since it is my handwriting. As if I went up to the TV and scribbled it there myself!

Here's a pic I took of the TV so you can see the font in action:

Then we fast forwarded to the ending, just to see if it was used any more. It was not, but something else was there. After the long list of "special thanks," the very last name listed is "Jenny Rzasa."
I figure I'm credited as "Jenny" since that's what I named the font. Although I now go by Jen, I still have some high school and college friends who call me Jenny. By the way, I haven't watched the movie yet- I hope it's decent!

Thanks for sitting through all of that! I was just so excited I had to share. :)

8 comments:

  1. Now that's pretty dang awesome. I've had my handwriting immortalized in a stamp set, but never a movie. Where thousands and millions and trillions of people can see! Way to go! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is cool! Now I have to check out the movie!
    But I love the card it's so light and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not everybody can say their "name" is in a movie's credits!! Super duper coolio!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super-cool awesome! (the font story). And so is your card, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the bird cage and your simplicity of design.

    Wow your famous now with your font up in lights!! Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all your card is gorgeous, as always. I love that birdcage!

    Second, about the movie, so freakin' cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...