This year my blog saw the least amount of love since I started it years ago. I created less cards than ever this year, and have apologized numerous times for my absences! But, I'd say it was for good reason! Here's what I was up to in 2014:
- I started a stamp company (Altenew) with my friend Tasnim! This was the biggest reason for the lack of card making - I have been designing stamp sets! It's like a dream come true :) I took a lot of time to learn Illustrator, and feel like I am still trying to get the hang of it. I've always been a paper-and-pencil person when it comes to sketching!
- My friends Jennifer and Kristina keep asking me to teach at Online Card Classes- I love that!
- Speaking of, I even hosted my own class! What started out as an idea and an email to Jennifer McGuire (telling her that watercolor is awesome, and my ideas for the class) turned into Watercolor for Card Makers. LOVE!
- I also started teaching at Paper Crafters Library. It's a great place with thousands of video tutorials, you should check it out! If you were wondering why I have not updated YouTube in a while, it's because my videos keep going to OCC and PCL, hehe.
- The Runway Inspired Challenge is going strong, and only days away from our 75th challenge! Thanks for all of the support :)
Here's an overview of the projects I blogged about this year - hover over the pics to view them larger (you may need to view this post on ourchangeofart.blogspot.com to see the collages). The ones with gold backgrounds are cards I made that were posted on the Altenew blog.
This year, I hope to get more videos posted to my YouTube channel, work on becoming a better photographer, post more to this blog, and *gasp* start scrapbooking! Not sure if I'll share the scrapbook pages here, but I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. Happy 2015!!