header

Pages

12.14.2011

SP and Co DT Wednesday (&CFC31)

Good morning!  Today is DT Wednesday at SP and Co, and I love these big, bold numbers from the set "One Two Three."


I was inspired by this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge, which is to use mist.  I tried to channel my inner Karen Baker on this one- I hope I did her justice!

I don't have any misting products, so I turned to my trusty old watercolor set.  (and when I say old, I mean old!  I got the set when I was in middle school, and although I paint quite frequently, I've only had to replace a few of the tubes!)

I always like the look of mist, but have never really tried it 'til now. I always told myself that if I got into misting, I wouldn't use red.  I don't want my projects to look like they have blood splattered all over them, ya know?

Well...after all was said and done....I used red:




I hope it doesn't look too gory!  I knew that with the messiness of the splatter I wanted a hand-drawn image to complement the imperfectness, so I sketched out the poinsettia with a fine-tipped pen.  

I really like how this one came out, even though I was crafting waaaay out of my comfort zone!

PS.  Don't forget that you have until Friday at midnight to link up for the very first Runway Inspired Challenge!

20 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Jen! I LOVE that flower underneath those bold numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sprays and misting. I don't think this looks gory at all. It looks great with the simple black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I love the splash of red! I don't think it looks gory, but then again I'm a huge fan of the show Dexter, haha! :)
    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, not gory at all! In fact, it's the perfect coloing for a CAS card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fabulous! I just can NOT do misting - I don't know how many creations I have tossed due to blobby and/or overmisting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being on the SP design team and LOVE your card. I am so impressed with the hand drawn poinsettia! Awesome with it's red spritz.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Christmas card! Love the pink mist around that flower :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card. Wow, I love that little splash of color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful. I love the colors chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card! How wonderful you sketched the poinsettia!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer - oh my - this is a fabulous CAS card - my favorite type!Beautiful job~


    I look forward to seeing more of your work (em subscription) and working with you over the next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bold and beautiful!! Love this, Jenifer! So glad that you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous work. Love those big bold sentiments with the hint of image behind. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really gorgeous! LOL about the blood splatters! Not even close on this one-just looks like radiant holiday splendor :) Thanks for joining in the fun at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your win with this fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really gorgeous card! Hey, maybe you're not too far from Lexington, MA? I live there and I am always looking for others who share the same interest in paper crafts.

    Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...