header

Pages

12.04.2011

'tis the season


Good afternoon! I'm posting today with a card inspired by CAS-ual Fridays (and Kristina's holiday card day 16)

It's a tic-tac-toe challenge, so I chose to use green, kraft, and chevrons:

I made the chevron pattern by adhering tape onto 4 kraft cardstock panels and sprinkling on some glitter. It doesn't look too sparkly in the pic, but it certainly is in person!
This must be a chevron weekend for me, since last night I made this little fabric pouch:


At work we are doing a Secret Santa-type thing called "Secret Angel," and we are supposed to give $1 gifts leading up to the big gift. $1?!?! What in the world can you give someone for a buck?

Well, the pouch ended up costing nothing to make, since I already had the fabric scraps and recently won a set of 25 zippers. Sweet! (oh yea, and don't bother asking for the pattern if you are interested in making the pouch. I didn't use one, and I didn't measure anything as I made it. Sorry!)

I just hope she likes handmade presents...because that's all she's getting! haha

Don't forget....the first Runway Inspired Challenge is on Tuesday! See you there!
BWS tips button

10 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute! Love this challenge! Oh how I wish I could play. : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card, I really should try doillies sometime... and fun little purse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chevron and doily duo...Cute pouch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous, and that pouch is awesome! I'd be THRILLED to receive this as a $1 Secret Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card and the pouch is super cute, love the color and pattern combination. I remember last year seeing a bad Christmas comercial about homemade gifts and i had to ask my husband " do people really hate homemade gifts?" I like to every once in a while gift something home made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so love this awesome card and project!! Can't wait to play in this weeks challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy yes-a-moly!!! LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card Jen! Love that chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...