header

Pages

1.26.2012

CASE Study 4

Well, this is it. My last week as the January CASE Study muse  :(  It's been a lot of fun...so thanks again to Chupa and the CASE Study DT!

Today's inspiration card is one that I originally made for the September PTI blog hop challenge.


Wow...that embroidery floss is so classically "me," isn't it?  Which is why I'm sure you'll be shocked to find out that I didn't add any embroidery floss to this card!  Instead, I took a big breath, braced myself, and opened up a container of glitter (This was 3 days ago, and I am STILL plagued by miniscule flecks of blue!)

I hope that dealing with the glitter was worth it for my card:


Ooooh...shiny!

It might be tough to tell, but the glitter is actually flush with the white cardstock.  I used my craft knife (that's in bold for you, Cath, so you know why I entered into the Cutting and Trimming Challenge!) to cut the three rectangular openings, then put a piece of packaging tape behind the opening so the sticky side was facing out, and sprinkled on the glitter!  I learned this technique from Lisa, here.

So glad you could stop by! And if you play along with CASE Study, tell 'em I sent ya!  :)

11 comments:

  1. Get out--what a fantastic idea for making the glitter flush with the card! I can't believe how perfectly straight your cuts are, though. What a fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really neat! I had no idea you cut those lines! I thought they were strips of score tape. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous idea,.. !! thanks for sharing your gorgeous card.. love the sparkle liz@kreateabilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I'm going to have to try this glittering technique, tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome design tip and as Christina said, your cutting is so neat!!
    Love this and the original too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea! It looks so crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Total Perfection Jen! LOVE love those blue glitter strips! Can I just say wow! to the fact that there is not one bit of stray glitter anywhere?!?! you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are gorgeous Jen. I love them! Thanks for all of the inspiration through January. I will be definatelly visiting your blog more often in the future. :)

    Have a blessed day!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been an amazing muse this month at Case Study. thanks so much for your inspiring designs. I really like your case of your own card-the blue glitter really is just my style! See you again soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the glitter and that technique! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's a cool technique jen. Thanks for sharing with us.. Love your CAS style

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...