header

Pages

2.23.2012

Hambly Sketch Challenge! (and a painting)

Today at the Hambly Screen Prints blog there is a sketch challenge!  The gals on the DT all made projects to go along with the sketch below:



Wow, that is a beautiful sketch!  The only problem was...I make cards. And this is clearly a scrapbooking layout!  So I completely pared it down to the basics, and came up with this card set:





I hope the sketch inspires you to get crafty too!  Check out all of the details at the Hambly blog  :)

One more thing- I made a painting yesterday inspired by one of the new Fall 2012 looks.  (I hope it doesn't bother any of you that I occasionally post non-card related crafts!)


Now, this chick has a glittery belt, and as much as I tried, I couldn't get the painting to look glittery (see above).  So I did  the next best thing:



(btw, some people ask why the girls I paint don't have faces.  There are 2 reasons.  1. I paint fashion illustrations, so I want the focus to be on the clothes and not the girls.  2. Faces are hard to paint!  Whenever I try to paint a face, it comes out a bit funny.  I think I have only posted two or three paintings on this blog that had faces.  If you want to see them, you'll have to go on a hunt through the archives!)

3 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, I still dream of being able to do fashion sketches like this! I used to go through my mom's old Burda sewing patterns and just stare at the illustrations... Loved 'em! This is terrific and I'd love to see more!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, i LOVE all different takes on the sketch. They are equally beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome cards based on the sketch...love the tape.

    cool painting....you're so multi-talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...