header

Pages

2.09.2012

PTI 5th Anniversary Day 5

Today, as part of the Papertrey Ink  Day 5 festivities, the challenge is to make a project based on a Pinterest image.  I was drawn to the image that Ashley used, shown below:


And I was also inspired by this image I found on Pinterest:


...and here's my card:


I used a double-layer of foam tape to really pop up that sentiment! 

Edited to add: A few of you have commented on how I made the card.  I wish I could tell you I masked and stamped (oh how impressive that would be!)....but it was a whole lot easier than that- I used washi tape.  Makes me think though...I do have a woodgrain stamp, so it would be fun to try stamping to get a similar effect!

17 comments:

  1. Did you mask those woodgrain stripes? If so, um... AWE! Love that color matched with the woodgrain, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous! What color ink is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice interpretation of your inspiration image. I especially love the vellum mat - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a stunner, I want to know how you did it and the color too!!! This card calls for a tutorial ;) hint hint

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous! Love the woodgrain...reminds me of the new MME paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, this is absolutely gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Vellum panel is brilliant! I'm totally pinning you again and using this idea in the future. :) Gorgeous card, love the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! The vellum label is incredible, and the pattern and color on the washi tape makes my heart pitter-patter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wasabi tape? You clever, clever girl :) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! Love the washi tape stripes -- it really does remind me of the plank wall in the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love, Jennifer! Terrific take on the inspiration... That stamping and vellum is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, totally amazing Jen! WOW, love that woodgrain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um, yeah, just realized I said wasabi instead of washi!! Duh! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting and beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...