header

Pages

4.05.2012

CSS Release Review...Party Hop


Today is a party hop for Clear and Simple Stamps!

Each of us used the Party Elements: Baby stamp set to create a fun party ensemble.  Mine is for a birthday party, made with Joey (my toddler cousin) in mind.



I made the party set to stretch the versatility of the stamps and dies- they don't have to be used strictly for baby projects!  I was trying to think of what Joey would like to see on a party invite.  Bright colors are always great for kids, and the new blue CSS felt was the perfect color to go with the designer paper I used.  And I KNOW Joey would love touching the soft and fuzzy felt!

Since "B-Day Party" is not a sentiment in the new release, I chose to use alphabet stamps.  I used the same stamps to label the treat bag, and to put the name on the recipient's invite (Emma is Joey's big sister...I can't wait for her to see that I "invited" her to the party!).  The slider part of the invite was really easy to make- I layered 2 4.25"x5.5" pieces of cardstock and adhered on 3 sides, making sure to cut a circular notch to help you pull out the invitation.





I knew I wanted the card to say "for Joey"- and I just LOVE the font in "Party Elements: Baby" used for the date/time/place/rsvp stamp.  To get "for" in the font I wanted, I selectively stamped the "or" from the word "honor" and the "f" from the word "of."  Whenever I get a new stamp set, I always think of other ways to use it!


I think my favorite part of the party set is the treat bag- cookies, popcorn, (maybe peanuts for the elephant?) would all be fun little snacks for guests to take home.  I had so much fun creating with this set....I only wish that I lived in the same state as my cousin so I could actually throw him the party!

Now it's time to hop along to see what everyone else made! 
Dana
Denise
Jaclyn
Kim
Laura
Laurie
Lori
Steph
Tracy
Clear and Simple Stamps



11 comments:

  1. holy rainbow! I love it. the whole design is happy, the brick rainbow border, the felt, the font...the FUN!

    You still amaze me after all these posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! love the bright colors and the felt elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute! I love the little slide out invite! And the little bag topper is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and cheery and definitely unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The graphic and bright color strips are SO wonderful!! I love the font you chose and think the slider invite is genius!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute!! Love all the bright colors and how the invite slides out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this fun birthday ensemble! so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect birthday ensemble! Love the pull out invitation design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great project, love the fun rainbow colours and the elephant is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun ensemble! I especially love all the blocks of color. I love your tip for getting more mileage out of your stamps, that's advice we can all use.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...