header

Pages

4.17.2012

ric#10

This week I have no work, because of Spring Break! Woohoo! I wish it could be a relaxing one, but I am going to be extremely busy.  Luckily, I think I'll have a bit of time to make a few cards :)

Today there is a new challenge over at the Runway Inspired Challenge, inspired by this dress:


source: style.com


I think the metallic skirt reminds me of something my Jem doll had.  (did anyone else out there have Jem?  The one thing that bothered me about her is that she was slightly bigger than Barbie, so they couldn't share clothes!  Jem had the better clothes anyway, since she was all punk rock, hehe)

Here's what I made, using the awesome set Admit One from our sponsor, Lawn Fawn.




I used some copper and orange glitter to reflect the colors in her dress.  Remember when I used to hate glitter?  Well, I am starting to think it is worth the mess.   I just love how it looks!

...and I just know you want to see what the DT has in store for you
Aga
Angeline

I hope you choose to play along!

10 comments:

  1. your glitter stripes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the touch of glitter, how fun with that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt definitely reminded me of the Barbie clothes I had in the 80s. And although I had a Jem, this inspiration image didn't call her to mind.

    Love the colors you used (and the fact that they're glitter).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your glittery card and big congrats on the stamping royalty win!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAY TO GO THERE GF!!! You won over at Paper Crafts Stamping Royalty!!! How exciting for YOU!!!! YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Jennifer on your Paper Crafts Stamping Royalty win! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, glitter! The chevron pattern makes it extra fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CLEAN and crisp card! I admire how you kept the glitter in place~it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...