header

Pages

7.03.2012

ric#15

Good morning!  Just popping in to share the newest Runway Inspired Challenge!


source: style.com

I swear that when I selected that outfit for this challenge, I didn't even consider that it was mainly red and blue and would fall on the week of 4th of July!  Total coincidence!  Here's my card:


I used my new linen impression plate to give the paper a fabric texture.  I actually inked it (one color at a time) before running it through the machine to get those dots you see.  I think it looks really cool...like organized splatter!

I put the sentiment on a black band because her purse has a black band on it...I love getting literal!  

I really hope you play along- and you don't even have to be literal with your interpretation- just let us know how you were inspired!  If you win, you will get a gift card to the amazing Simon Says Stamp.  Speaking of amazing, please visit the DT:

Aga
Angeline

11 comments:

  1. That is a SWEET technique...might have to give it a go! Love the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I have been wondering over the past few weeks what would happen if I inked my linen impression plate. Your card is exactly the effect that I was imagining! You've given me the push I need to try this for myself! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea and interpretation of the inspiration photo. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this fabulous technique! Terrific colors on this current RIC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun technique you used to make this card, I will have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really does look like organized splatter Jennifer! I love how you did this! So neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is really cool. I can't believe you placed all the splatter /dots by hand! I'm impressed. It turned out awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool card and I love the literal take. I never have much success with inking my plates but this is my week for 'casing' you so I'll give it another try... haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. So after your awesome comment on my blog I just had to trawl back through your archives to find this card! (except 'trawl' makes it sound like a chore, which it totally wasn't as I got to look back through tons of eye candy... ).

    Anyway.

    This card is awesome! It's amazing how different our two cards look despite using the same technique! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...