header

Pages

11.05.2013

ric#47

Woohoo, we're rockin' a new Runway Inspired Challenge today!


source: style.com

I just adore today's look (don't I always? hehe).  Floral up top, and stripes down below- so that's what I went with for my card:


I embossed the poinsettia in gold onto vellum, then colored the backside of the vellum with markers. To adhere to the card, I wrapped the top and side of the flower around the white cardstock, and taped it on the back.  There is also a little square of foam adhesive behind the center of the poinsettia, because the black coloring was dark enough to hide it.

I can't wait 'til you see what the rest of the DT made...they'll knock your socks off!  Check them out, then go head over to the RIC blog to play along!

Wida Miller - Beachorado
Pamela Ho - miao 
Virginia Lu - (Yes, Virginia...)
Nina Yang - Waffle Flower
Joni Andaya - Papell with Love
Tasnim Ahmed - Cards & Bookmarks
Aga Malyszek - Just Made From Paper












--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Utility Belt (tools I use often!)


8 comments:

  1. Embossed on vellum and colored from the back, I am smiling to myself because I was wondering if that was the technique you had used. I have a different jumbo flower from the same company and I am itching to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold and beautiful! The combinations of vellum, embossing and gold are always irresistible! I adore the composition, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Your embossed and colored poinsettia is fabulous, and changes the focus from the stripes (in my humble opinion). I love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flower Jen! Big bold and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I adore this card. I have a Poinsettia stamp that I have not utilized very well I will definitely give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous! The coloring is beautiful and I love all the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one amazingly gorgeous poinsettia! Love how you balanced the card with the stripes down below.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just beyond amazing lady! that's why you the boss ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...