header

Pages

11.19.2013

ric#48

Good morning!  Today there is a lovely new inspiration up at the Runway Inspired Challenge.  Sadly, it's Wida's last challenge, and I wanted to wish her a sweet goodbye!  Please check out my post over on the challenge blog, and make sure to click on over to Wida's blog to see what she made!


source: style.com

My project was just begging to be watercolored, so I went the artsy fartsy route :)


I die cut the tag, and stamped the bells in some grey ink.  I wasn't sure if painting on top of it would make the ink bleed, so I stamped again directly on top with VersaMark, then heat set some clear embossing powder on top.  It looks very pretty in person!  I die cut the little label, stamped the sentiment in black, then followed the steps to stamp the bell (to line up with the one on the tag).

Next, I quickly watercolored the whole thing, making sure to add some fun splatter.  The rest is pretty self-explanatory :)

That's it for me today.  I hope you choose to play along!

Nina Yang - Waffle Flower
Virginia- Yes, Virginia...
Pamela Ho - miao
Tasnim Ahmed - Cards & Bookmarks













--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Utility Belt (tools I use often!)


12 comments:

  1. Love all the watercolor technique Jen! So Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your NOT-so "artsy fartsy" take! Totally inspiring and beautiful! I love the ribbon/bow and black strip treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colouring! Love the tag overlay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT is real water coloring! Ah, I could use with a lesson or two from you!
    Apart from how amazing your coloring is, this tag is stunning in it's every little detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to mention, love how you photographed this tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Loving the water color, the design on the tag/background, the splatter, seriously so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You nailed this challenge...this tag is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The most prettiest tag ever. You are the watercolour master! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag! Love the watercoloring ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. An absolute stunner!! Love that gentle watercolouring!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...