header

Pages

1.13.2011

OTWC and EIC

Above is part of the inspiration for today's project, and at the bottom of the post is the other. I love the colors for this week's OTWC challenge, as well as the mood of all of the items in La Pomme's shop for the Etsy Inspired Challenge. I cut the box from burgundy cardstock, and layered on the white and tan/kraft. I stamped the sentiment on vellum, framed it with white cardstock, and used foam adhesive for some dimension. I felt it needed a little more embellishment, so I hand cut the butterfly and put it on as well.





Below is just one of the items from La Pomme's shop that inspired me. Everything there is so vintage yet elegant...you should definitely check it out!

5 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I looked at the same piece of artwork over on La Pomme's etsy shop and thought... wow that plus OTWC this week would be magical! But I couldn't do it just right and decided to go another direction! You knocked this out of the park! Just gorgeous! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I know what you mean about snow days messing up your schedule (though I also love the extra time in my craft room!) Where do you teach in MA? One of my college roommates teaches at Northbridge HS, is that anywhere near you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable little gift box! I love the take-out look! Thanks for using the OTWC colors to inspire you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW CUTE! Gift boxes are so fun and this one is sensational. Great work. Thanks for playing along at OTWC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty gift box! Beautiful work! Thanks for playing along with us at the EIC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...