header

Pages

10.23.2012

Holiday Card Challenge and Embellish Magazine

(This is my third post today.  To see my CSS Group Project or my card for YCU, please scroll down!)

Last year I issued myself a challenge- to CASE all of Kristina Werner's Holiday cards. Well, I didn't make it through all of them.  When I saw she started her Holiday Card Series once again, I felt determined to give it another try!  I have oodles of cards to make this Christmas, so I need all the help I can get :)

This first one is inspired by Day 1.  I love the layout and the big sentiment, so I kept those design features in my card:

My CASE of Day 2 includes a wooden tree that I painted with silver acrylic paint.  Don't you love my "palette" in the background? (aka a cheap plastic plate from the drugstore that has a million layers of dried paint on it...)


Here's the result:

I put some strips of subtly patterned paper behind the wood piece, similar to the washi tape tree on Kristina's card.

I'm submitting this card to embellish magazine's paint trends challenge.


I created the green shadow beneath the sentiment by cutting a piece of cardstock the same size as the part that is popped up.  I always see Lenae do this, and it looks cool!

6 comments:

  1. So cool! I love those sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously festive cards...love the big sentiments and the wooden tree. Thanks for sharing Lenae's tip, I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Mmm mmmm painting!!!!! Makes me want to get my paint brushes out!

    And I absolutely love those sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of them! You are putting me into the Christmas spirit :) Love that shiny tree on the second and the thread on the first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Jennifer. I really like the vibrant colors on the first one, and the sentiments look so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are always filled with cool design elements - love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...