header

Pages

7.09.2011

OCC White Party!

Happy Saturday! This week's Our Creative Corner post is brought to you by the fantastic Kristin Tierney! The challenge is to make a project using only whites. The below photo can be used as inspiration:

Think texture to keep your card from looking flat.

My card was the most difficult thing to photograph (sorry I keep complaining about this, but I still haven't figured out a good way to take a picture of a card that is more than 75% white. I've tried using a dark background, and it still doesn't work....)

The only thing that can be a color other than white is the sentiment- and it can't be black or a dark color. It pretty much as to be a light neutral.

If you look closely, you can see that the banner is made from The Crafts Meow stamps (the houndstooth flag)- and I am entering this card into their first challenge!

I definitely recommend checking out the other projects from the DT at Our Creative Corner!


7 comments:

  1. WOW, so elegant! Love this a lot...it's very clean, crisp and delicate...beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. White is SO hard to photograph...but this is really gorgeous! It reminds me of white crisp linens on a clothes line. I love the banner pieces - fantastic! I think I've FINALLY gotten the problem solved with not being able to leave comments. I've been meaning to leave so many for you! Your card for the Gallery Idol is GENIUS and perfectly you! COngratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous Jenn! I love the crisp, clean feel to it. And I think your photo came out wonderful. Yours is the only one on the team that looks really white and bright. I spent 2 hours trying to photo and edit mine. I tried shooting at every setting, set the white balance, used 2 OTT lights for lighting, edited it to the max and still mine looks a dishwater gray. Your card is a beautiful piece of art!

    Hope you are having a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jennifer, this is truly beautiful and so elegant! Thank you so much for playing in our sketch challenge!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that banner Jen! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, first let me say, photographing these cards was a bear. So, I feel your pain.
    That banner is so perfect! Its unique, but not too off the wall! Love it! and did you use a real doily or is it cardstock? Either way its perfect with your card. I always like to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, this is stunning...Thanks for playing with us over The Craft's Meow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...