header

Pages

7.21.2011

you're a great catch!

(don't forget- you only have until noon MDT today to vote!!)


Today is Design Team Thursday at My Thoughts Exactly stamps. These stamps are from the July release- "Under the Sea." Just like with the other set, "Birds and the Bees," these stamps mix and match to make so many different sentiments! I love all of the punny possibilities:

I made a little diecut fish and suspended him in the cut out window with invisible thread. I tied embroidery floss around the bottom, and added the sentiment, "you're a great catch!." My husband said I needed a fishhook (I agreed), so he made me one out of wire while I stamped the sentiment. (We had lots of wire around from my round 1 GI card...)


Jessica is also posting today, so definitely go check out her awesome work, and stop by Alyssa's blog at My Thoughts Exactly for the official DT post!

12 comments:

  1. Dang I love this. So cute. I just made one of these suspension cards on scal the other day. They are so fun. Yours is way way cuter. That fish is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super cute! Love that fish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK! I need to go make my own floating fish, stat. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, love the fish and clever to suspend him in the window too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Jen, super cool! I'm loving the wire work lately, really neat, something tells me if I attempted wire it would turn into a hot mess! I am so glad you are on my design team :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Beautiful...who would've thunk it that a mounted fish could look so pretty....Just Love you talent Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a beautiful stamps!!! i want them badly lol!!!
    Great card!!!
    Congrats to your top 10 at Gallery Idol!!!
    Svetlana xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Cards. Loved your round 2 Idol entry!!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the next round!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome, I love the pop of colors and the open design with the fish in mid-air is fabulous! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have I told you that I love your cards lately? Well, I do! I LOVE all that you make! I've wanted to always make a suspended card.. you've inspired me.. :) So simple, but very effective - you're so awesome at that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow great card...
    Love your creativity..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...