header

Pages

10.08.2011

OCC Fall Colors

Good morning! Check out my 3 posts from yesterday for chances to win some awesome prizes! Scroll down to see them all :)

Lori is hosting this week at Our Creative Corner, and she chose some lovely Fall colors for us to work with! When I saw them, I immediately loved their warmth, and thought "Christmas." As you may (or may not) know, I've been CASEing Kristina's Holiday Card Series cards. The one below is #3:

I love the dry embossing in the background (she used a faux letterpress technique), and the simple layout.

Here's my version:

I hope you can see the dot texture in the background. I also inked up my embossing folder before rolling it through my die cutter, but I used a pale blue for a subtle effect (it was actually a little more subtle than I wanted....). I used some foam tree glitter stickers that I got a few years ago for a dollar at one of the big chain craft stores. They have been in my stash so long, I almost threw them out, but I'm glad I didn't!

This card is also headed for Lawnscaping's current challenge. I hope you play along with us at Our Creative Corner!

15 comments:

  1. I love the effect you got from inking the embossing folder. It really looks amazing on both cards yours and Kristina's. I would not have thought of using the folder you used for a Christmas card but it totally works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!!!!! I like that you inked up your embossing folder! I have done that from time to time!!!! Loving the foam trees from the dollar store. They work perfectly on your card! Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background. the light blue is just a soft subtle touch in the background, I love it. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Jennifer! I love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card dearie!!! Hope you are well....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute Jennifer, love those glittery trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this? Those glittery chunky trees are adorable and look fab against that pale blue background. Sweet take on this week's color challenge!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunning CAS card Jen ... I love this sweet card, those trees are just gorgeous with the blue halo effect ... not to mention the white border stitching - this is such a simple technique yet the effect is brilliant ... great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card,LOVE the design, simple and pretty, thank u for playing at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful! I love Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer, I like your clean and simple style and I REALLY like how you used the colors from the challenge in this project! Great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fabulous, in every way Jennifer! I LOVE how you inked up the embossing folder in pale blue before running it through. Such an awesome effect! Those glittery trees are such a perfect accent, too. I really need to start going through my stamping stash. I'm sure there is all kinds of little treasure like this waiting to be loved. Thanks for the inspiration! Big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous card. The layout and elements coordinate together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card, Jennifer! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous, Jen! Great holiday card. Your tree stickers are so cute! Love the blue embossed background and the ribbon and stitching. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...