header

Pages

4.01.2014

ric#57

Good morning!  Today we have a fun and funky inspiration for the Runway Inspired Challenge!


source: style.com

Okay, I know I say this almost every time...but I wish I had that dress! The fitted at the waist, A-line style is my favorite, and I adore that this dress has sleeves!  I'd probably want the hem a little longer so I could skateboard (or bend down! lol) in it, but either way it is awesome!  I have big plans for many sewing projects this summer since I have finished my masters and will actually have 2 months off from work!!  Maybe I'll try to make a dress like this!   If you ever come across a crazy fabric similar to this one, let me know :)

I zoomed in and noticed these little black speech bubbles that said "love," and knew right away that I needed to put one on my card:





Lil' Inker Designs is our sponsor, and the owner, Laura Pryor, is just about the sweetest and funniest person you could ever talk to.  She was so kind and offered to send the design team product to work with for this challenge!  Yay!!

I used the Starry Sky die to make all of those little stars, and the brand spankin' new Mixed and Stitched Alphabet die set for the sentiment.  LOVE these dies- they have some upper and lower case letters, but they are all the same height so you can mix them within each word.  They also have the Lil' Inker signature stitching- so cute!

Please go check out the rest of the DT to see what they made, and come join us at the Runway Inspired Challenge where you can win a prize from Lil' Inker Designs!!

Virginia--Yes, Virginia...
Pamela Ho - miao
Tasnim Ahmed - Card & Bookmarks
Joni Andaya - Papell with Love


5 comments:

  1. FABULOUS take with the stitched alphas!!! Love this Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how u worked around the speech bubble with all those bright n fun stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rocked those stitched alphas Jen! Love how bold and graphic this card is - and those teeny tiny stars are so adorable ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. I know you did it but the cards screams you. And its so super hero-ish looking. Love that

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally wasn't sure about the alphas dies - would I love them? Well, you sure convinced me - your comic book-style speech bubble with them has me SOLD!! Love the fun starry confetti and touch of constellation patterned paper, but that bubble - oh my!! I can't believe you hand-cut that! So in love with this card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...