header

Pages

2.24.2011

A Jingle Belles Sketch

Hello! I can't believe my week off from work is coming to a close. I love my job, but I loooove having time to craft! I spent a bunch more time today organizing my craft room, and I hope to do some sewing tomorrow once everything is in its place.

Here's a card I made earlier today, for this week's Jingle Belles challenge. They joined forces with Sketchy Thursdays to include a sketch for the challenge. The white panel was embossed (I used the debossed side) and added some glitter in the indentations.

I had a really tough time photographing this card. First of all, one of my lightbulbs blew out that I use with my light box, so I replaced it with one that is sadly not bright enough.

In addition to my severe lighting issues, I also could not figure out how to take a picture of my card that doesn't include my hand. So there it is, in the picture....hah (I needed to hold the card closed so you could see the sentiment that is stamped on the inside!)


Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

  1. magnificent! Bummer about the bulb...I gotta remember to order a couple spares....have you though of using a metal flower frog for your cards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh YOU are so SMART!!!!
    LOVE that you can see the inside sentiment outside too!!!
    YOU are a GENIUS!!!!
    Your card is wonderful!
    LOVE that twine!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, now *THAT* is clever: making the 1/2 circle element A WINDOW!!! truly, you are ♥BRILLIANT♥ just for that alone, but then everything else about this is utterly fab, too: the scalloppy frame, the debossed panel, (!!!) the baker's twine. ♥FAB♥U♥LOUS♥!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card - i kept visualizing the semicircle as a window, but my imagination stopped there and i couldn't get to the next level - i LOVE the way you completed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little window!! And I've had similar issues photographing window cards. I've ended up using an easel for those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVING this! I love love love that twine! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays and Jingle Belles! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The debossed texture is oh-so-cool ... and I love how you turned the half-circle in the sketch design into a fun little window ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love the look of it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...