header

Pages

2.17.2011

Make it Mondays- Mr & Mrs

I decided to play along again this week for Papertrey Ink's Make it Mondays. The challenge this time is to incorporate a vellum sentiment strip. I swear I made this card hours ago, and that ink is still wet. I don't know how to get it to dry! In the past I have tried to heat-set it, but I often end up discoloring my vellum (guess I'm not careful enough!).

I tried to keep this card as clean and simple as possible, because I wanted that awesome green and white paper to hold the spotlight. When I was done, I felt it needed a border, so I got out my trusty transparent ruler and a micron pen to draw one. Tough to tell in the pic, but the front panel is cream- not white.

I wish I knew someone who was getting married! (well, by the time that ink dries, I just might!)



5 comments:

  1. Stunning card! I love your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely awesome!! I love the layers and the ribbon is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful! Try StazOn or a non-pigment based ink. I use SU! Classic inks if I want color too and it will dry with just a little tiem with the heat gun. Thanks for the comments on my blog and good luck with the PTI challenge and the blgo candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW..this is such a stunning card. Loved the design, the color combination. WOWOW...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...