(hopefully you arrived here from Ashley!)
Wow. What can I say? I was shocked when I heard the news about Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine closing its doors and shutting down. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I'm sure that my feelings are echoed by those of you who participated in or are visiting this hop, and I am sad for all of us. I am sad for the amazing people who recently lost their jobs, and I'm also sad for anyone who is new to this hobby and will not ever get to enjoy an amazing magazine with an even more amazing community.
But instead of going on and on about what I will miss, I will briefly thank PC&S.
- Thank you for always providing me with a fabulous source of inspiration
- Thank you for giving me a chance and picking my first card for publication in 2011 (with many more to follow!)
- Thank you for fun contests, including the monthly challenges and bigger competitions such as Stamping Royalty and Gallery Idol, which I feel so honored to have participated in.
- Thank you for inviting me to try out to be a Go-To Gal. I still remember the day I received that letter in the mail. It was a fun and challenging process, and exciting to have made it through many elimination rounds! Even though I wasn't selected, I will always remember it.
- Thank you for publishing my husband! That was awesome!
and most importantly....
- Thank you for providing the world of papercrafting with a supportive community. Thank you for bringing crafters together. Thank you for the friendships I have made. I honestly don't think I would have gotten to know such incredible people in this industry without you. These are lifelong friendships- ones I will cherish for all time.
(I am also posting a card on the Altenew Blog today)
Your next stop on the hop is the wonderful Dana! :)