header

Pages

8.24.2011

Carbon Copied


Today I'm playing along with Karen Baker and her new blog feature, Carbon Copied! Basically we both make a card for the same challenge using the same stamp set, and post it on the same day at the same time. Wow!

We decided to play along with CPS...check out the sketch below:

The stamp set we chose to use is Furnishing Fun from Schlosser Designs. Here's my card:



You can't really tell from the photos, but I stamped the chair onto patterned paper with Versamark ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then all I had to do was carefully cut it out and adhere it on my card with foam tape.

I haven't seen Karen's card yet, and I can't wait! I know it will be amazing...I just love her style. You definitely need to hop on over to her blog, and please leave her a comment!

Thanks, Karen, for letting me play along with you for Carbon Copied!

(ps. I also want to submit this for the embossing challenge at CAS-ual Fridays. I know it's tough to see the clear embossing on the chair, but I promise it's there!)


16 comments:

  1. cute, jennifer! love the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that embossed chair and that bright ribbon! :) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I knew you would come up with something fabulous and utterly amazing! I think I want that chair in my house! I'd decorate a room around it. Thanks so much for joining me today, and your card once again is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you made that chair! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ribbon amd you and karen really compliment each other's card style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my all-time fav Schlosser set! LOVE your design-so fresh and fun!! Can't wait to see Karen's version :D Glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that chair is simply FANTASTIC!!! And I LOVE the layered ribbon tabs too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun patterned chair! Love the way you layered the ribbons, too. So clean and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun card. Love your patterned piece chair (great color scheme) and the fun ribbon treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey what a funky chair and I love the matching ribbon trim too. So cool how you used the same stamps but got totally different looks :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun idea, love your card and those colors are WOW! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is super cute! Love the colors, and how you've diecut the chair!! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your card...it's simple and bold all at the same time! and that chair is awesome!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the clear embossing! I find that I don't do that enough!( Must do that more often--note to myself!) Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Always a delight to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am huge fan of green and aqua in the decor setting and you made that truly transform in your card! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...