header

Pages

8.23.2011

YCU Challenge #1

I'm so excited that today is the first challenge for Young Crafters Unite! I've been eagerly looking forward to this day :)

The challenge is to color a stamped image on your project:


I very rarely color images on my cards, although recently I've been trying to incorporate it a bit more. I don't own any Copics, so for this challenge I turned to my trusty colored pencils.


I cut around each of the stamped chairs after I colored them in, and added them to the card with foam tape. I love the handwritten look of the sentiment stamp, and it was the perfect size to go underneath the chairs! (I wish I had handwriting good enough to do without a stamp...)

I hope you join us- there is a gift card to Simon Says Stamp up for grabs for the winner!

The DT has done some amazing work, please check them out too:

So what are you waiting for? Head over to Young Crafters Unite for all the details!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I've been looking to do more challenges, and a monthly one with the YCU seems right up my street!!! Love the chairs BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting - their first challenge! And what a good first entry you've made! :) I love that you've used coloured pencils, they get neglected I think :)

    Congratulations again on making the DT - well deserved I'd say :)

    What a bummer, I don't have any stamps that I could colour! Mine are all solid stamps! Hmm, I'll have to have a think about that one!

    Right, off to see what the others have created :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely colored! You really did a nice job giving them some dimension just in your coloring alone. Lovely little card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used colored pencils as well! I have Copics, but I still turn to the trusty Prismacolors often. Your card is clean and simple and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You colored these chairs with colored pencils?! Oh my word, that is ridiculously impressive. I had no idea it was possible to shade that well with them! Such a sweet card, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very chic and stylish. Love the chairs popped up. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just fab Jennifer, love your coloured chairs they really pop off the page in more ways than one! The black card base really sets the whole card off :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Colored pencils are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see why you've stuck to colored pencils; you color so masterfully! I love it. But if you ever want to give Distress Inks a try, I'm your girl. I think you would like them! I love how clean and simple but stunning your card is. The color choice is perfect, too! Thanks for your awesome contribution to our YCU team. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...