header

Pages

8.01.2011

Gallery Idol- Final Round!

(for the MTE release, scroll down or click here)
Thank you so much for those of you who have stuck with me the past few weeks....this has been an incredible journey! For the final round of Gallery Idol (the one that determines the overall winner!), the theme is "Party Trios."

I decided to reference the card I made that got me into the top 20 (see it here) - mostly white, with a bold rainbow of color.

I chose to make a fun cake topper, pinwheel placecards, and a gift box.
Below is a closer view of the banner cake topper. I stamped and embossed each flag, then tied them onto thick lollipop sticks that I got in the cake decorating section at the craft store.

(By the way, the cake is funfetti-to continue the white/rainbow theme, and I covered it in homemade marshmallow fondant...yummy!)

Here are the pinwheel placecards. I found a template here, cut out the pieces, and embossed them with my swiss dots folder. I printed out the names of each of my guests Cristina, Meg, Jaclyn, and Aimes, and added a rhinestone to each. (I figured that we are all in this competition together, we might as well party together too!)

I used the same lollipop sticks as before, and spiraled embroidery floss down the length of each one:

For the gift box, I started with a plain white box, added a white doily, then wrapped the whole thing with embroidery floss. The sentiment was stamped on a white piece of cardstock, matted with black, then I put on a few rhinestones and adhered it to the box with foam tape.
On the top, I tied each one in a messy bow and left the ends free:
I hope you consider voting for my project, but definitely check out the other entries too.
You can vote by clicking HERE, or by clicking on the link in my sidebar. Make sure you login and hit "save vote."

Thanks for visiting!

19 comments:

  1. Your project is so clean and pretty! I absolutely LOVE that you used the Top five for your guests. I'd be happy to party with you any time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous projects, Jennifer! I am *so* at this party! :D
    It's been a real honour to be in this group with you - I've loved it and will now be constantly stalking your blog for yet more amazing creations!
    Good luck!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have all the other top 5 gals at your party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You completely ROCKED this! It's absolutely wonderful and you completely deserve to be the Idol - break a leg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rainbow of floss, as always. And the banner is just fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really adorable!! I LOVE the rainbow and the pinwheels!! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word....this is total awesomeness!!!!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So bright and beautiful, so you and so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic Jennifer!!! Beyond clever!!! I Love the way you used the banners on the cake. ;) The pinwheels and gift packaging are wonderful, too! Bravo!!! Good luck in the competition!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at "marshmallow fondant." Totally RSVPing to this party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yeah, you know it's gonna be a party-party if all the gallery idols will be there!! :) And if there's rainbows! Love your fun twine, the pinwheels, and your banner! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo clever.... from the link to your congrats card to the final five as guests and everything inbetween. Your attention to detail is what got your to the final :)
    Fabulous!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the banners on the cake, that is what makes this set of projects stand out to me. I also love the beautiful burst of rainbow color against the clean crispy white. Lovely, I want a party with this decor! :) Best of luck on the final round.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just perfect!!! I love everything! especially the names you put on the pinwheels, how cute is that? fabulous job, good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous party project Jennifer! Love all the white with the pops of colour! Good luck in the final round!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely adore this! A banner on a cake!! And I wouldn't even care (much!) what was in the gift box. I would be soooo thrilled to just get that box! Doily and rainbow and twine - it's just divine! Oh, and BTW, how fab that you make your own fondant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. stunning. i just love this! good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am glad I came to your blog to check this out after I voted for you... so much of the detail doesn't show in just one photo..Absolutely amazing job! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...