header

Pages

8.27.2011

wedding card

Today I was supposed to be in PA for a friend's wedding....but sadly my husband and I chose to stay in MA due to the hurricane making its way up the east coast.

We were really looking forward to seeing them, as it's been about 5 years since we were all together last. I am very disappointed that we can not be there to celebrate with them, but I am happy to share the card I made for Brienne and Nathaniel.

I used the layout from Moxie Fab's horizontal sketch challenge:

I made a card inspired by their wedding invitations. Although printed (beautifully) on cardstock, it looked like a lace overlay on top of a natural-colored fabric.

I used kraft as my card base, and on stitched squares of white lacy fabric. The sentiment was printed in the same font as the one on their invites!


Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Love this card Miss Lady!! You stay safe too!!! Hope all is well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and clever. The stitching is such a fine touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...stay safe...it stinks that you missed the wedding...your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a very cool clean and stylish card!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card...very clean and non-traditional! :) Sorry you missed the wedding and I hope you didn't have any damage from the hurricane...I am sure you friend understood your reasons for not attending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Love those lacy squares! Sorry you're missing the wedding but hope you're safe and sound and don't suffer too many ill effects from Mean Irene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So perfect! I love the open-stitched box around the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the kraft on the fabric. what a great look. super card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fabric is beautiful on the Kraft, lovely idea. Shame you've missed the wedding but hope all is well after Irene passed. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Horizontal Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. unique! i love that and very non traditional. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...