header

Pages

3.05.2011

OCC 1,2,3,4! (and some exciting news!)

Yay...another weekend! All of us at Our Creative Corner have a great challenge for you all this week! Kristin Tierney, our host, came up with the "1, 2, 3, 4 Challenge." The recipe is as follows:

1 Patterned Paper
2 Layers
3 Different Stamps
4 Non-Paper Embellishments

The embellishments can all be different, or 4 of the same type. For my card, I chose to use only buttons as my embellishments. I also used the patterned cardstock as my card base. I love those 2 leaf stamps on my card- I bought them a long time ago, and they just now saw ink for the first time! The third stamp is my sentiment.

I definitely struggled a bit with this challenge, but love the result! I'm looking forward to seeing what crafty cards you come up with!



Please check out the other cards from the DT and link up at Our Creative Corner!

Now for some great news.....
I (along with many, many other cardmakers) submitted to the Paper Crafts Magazine's Go-To Sketches for Cardmakers call. It was my first submission, and of the 3 cards I made, one of them was chosen! I know that some of you out there have been published bunches of times, but for me this is a really exciting moment!

Now, I can't get too excited just yet. Part of me is still worried that something will go wrong along the way (I spill something on my card before mailing it out, it gets lost/destroyed in the mail, the wonderful people at Paper Crafts change their mind, etc....) So I won't truly believe it until it is printed and in my hands! Until then, I will just have to wait patiently....

10 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card! I love the nontraditional shape and the contrast of the full color leaf image with the outline image.

    Congrats on your first publication acceptance! I just got my happy email for my first acceptance yesterday, too, and I know exactly what you mean about being a little worried that something will go wrong before August gets here! But what an exciting day! I can't wait to see your card in print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yahoooooooooooooooo on the pub subs!!!! That's fabulous:) Love your sweet card for today....

    I hope you don't mind but I highlight your flashback friday project...:

    http://flashbackfridaychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/03/reminder-about-flashback-friday-80.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, Jen, congrats on being published!!! That's terrific news. Your card design is terrific - excellent approach to use the DP as the base and I love the shape. Such a bright, fun card for this tough challenge.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those e-mails!!! Congrats on being published - it's so fun to see them in the magazine. It's how I justify my hobby creating time to my hubby, I get paid!

    I adore your card this week! The shape with the DP is genuis and the colors are perfect. Great job, I didn't realize it would be so tough...;)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card Jennifer!!! Love the shape and the CAS design! Congrats on the publication!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the publication! That's great news!! I love the design of this card, great job on this weeks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Jen...and congrats on being published, wooohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Jen, this is very cool. I love the shape, the crisp design and the great color combo! Congrats on being published - getting a card in Paper Crafts would be my dream come true! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. jennifer, I wanted to let you know that I think your cards are always unique and very wonderful. I love your card shape. Unique and very interesting! I love the colors you used too. New, fresh, simply wonderful together!
    And congrats on being published! It is exciting, and I'm super happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Jennifer! Love the shape and colors-super design! :)
    Huge congrats on your PC pub! Super duper exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...