header

Pages

7.27.2011

Thanks a Bunch

(You only have til Thursday to vote!!)

Halfway through the week!! That means it's time for SP and Co's DT Wednesday! For today's card, I wanted to use a sentiment from one of my favorite sets- Mini Card Creations II. You see these sentiments pop up on my cards all of the time!

My card is made from a page from the phone book (why do they keep leaving these at my apt? Do people even use them anymore??), a rub-on (Hello CAS-ual Friday!), and some cotton string. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of cardstock and sliced through the typewriter image with an x-acto knife so I could slide it through. I propped it up on the back with some foam tape.


(btw, I used the sketch from CPS)

I'm also IN LOVE with the sentiment set from the latest release, Bold Sentiments:

I used one of these for my latest Gallery Idol submission:
So glad you could stop by!

17 comments:

  1. They leave them at your place so you can make creative projects like this one! So clever and cool, clean and crisp! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Love the clean look and the use of the phone book page to tie it all together. I think my stamp "collection" is also going to grow because of you - LOVE that set!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the phone book page idea. May have to CASE that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. both cards are great!!
    Blessings,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards dearie!!!! Hope all is well....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, I love both of these cards!!!! Your CAS style is just so great - you always inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job here Jen! I love that typewriter! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these cards so pretty.

    hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your CAS typewriter card!! The layering and use of string are so effective and fun! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! Good luck on the GI round! I think you deserve to be in the final round!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous design and LOVE the typewriter image. Congrats and keep up the creative work :)
    Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea for the paper in the typewriter. Congrats on making it to round 3!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on making it to the final round, Jenn! Your card was fabulous! I know you are dancing on air today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing work! love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! on being a finalist! That's sooo fantastic! I love your leaf card, and thanks for all the tips on how to make our own. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. a big congrats, jennifer, on your finalist spot!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...