header

Pages

12.10.2012

CSS Trends

Today Clear and Simple Stamps is focusing on some of the color trends from 2012:

  • Color Blocking
  • Splatter
  • Ombre
  • White Washing
  • Pantone Color of the Year (equivalent to the CSS color "Orange You Fabulous")
When I hear "trends," the first thing I think of is fashion.  Each of my cards was inspired by an outfit or accessory from 2012.  Check it out:

Color Blocking
inspired by a shoe from Charlotte Russe (haha, not high fashion, but it's a cute shoe!)
Those shoes in those bright colors... "Shazaam" just sums it up, right?  I'm linking this one up to the Moxie Fab World's Keen on Neon challenge.

Splatter
inspired by Monique Lhuillier

I used some CSS ink, water, and a paintbrush to get the splatter.  The sentiment is a negative die cut.

Ombre
inspired by Erin by Erin Fetherston

I don't have a cool blending tool, so I used my finger and a dry baby wipe to do the ombre. It is not as smooth of a transition as the inspiration, but I still really like the color gradient!  (note to self: get blending tool)

Pantone Color of the Year: Orange
inspired by Akris




Fun, right?

My gal Wida is a Guest Designer today (yay!), and as always stop by CSS for more inspiration.














11 comments:

  1. such a cool post! I love it, I think it is my favorite this week! no wait, yes, I think I do like it better than glitter splatter! I like to see how you transform a picture into a card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post! I loved seeing the fashion pictures, and then shazaam! the cards. hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, I love seeing your interpretation of the challenge photos! And I love the WOW factor that you achieve with minimal layers of card stock. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have NAILED those photos! I especially love the orange one. What a great design and you execution is perfect on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen these are amazing! Great job with all of these trends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each and every card is Awesome!! And it was really nice seeing how you made them from the inspiration photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a TREAT for my eyes!!!!!!! Love your take on Neon with that POWERFUL sentiment! Love EVERY take on the runway fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are AMAZING! LOVING the splatter card! So many great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing but love for all of these cards Jen - so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My socks are officially knocked off. Super cool collection of fashion inspired designs, especially the first one in neon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Keen on Neon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...