Today I'll be showing you how to make a glittered cake embellishment for your card using the adhesive sheets. First, the photos:
- Tape die to adhesive sheet. The sheet has a slick coating, so I used clear tape instead of removable- washi tape and painter's tape were not strong enough to hold the die down.
- Score the line where you want the dark glitter (on the cake stand) to end, making sure to only cut through the top protective sheet.
- Peel off the bottom section of the die cut, and sprinkle on dark silver glitter.
- Once the glitter has been firmly adhered, peel the backing off of the top half.
- Lay down die cut border and trim ends
- Sprinkle with white glitter
That's it! When I was done, I thought the purple was the wrong choice, so I ripped it off and changed it to white. Now that I finished my card, I kind of wish it were purple again! haha...oh well!
This was a very difficult card to photograph, and definitely falls into the better-in-real-life category. The glitter is so amazingly sparkly!! :)
My Utility Belt (tools I use often!)
Perfect for a modern wedding! I definitely think you made the right choice switching out the purple:) I hear you on trying to photograph glitter:) (Still think it looks awesome)ReplyDelete
Hope you have a great week girlie! Honk! XOXO
This totally looks good enough to eat! I think switching purple for white was the right choice, but it does work either way! Awesome card Jen! Honk!ReplyDelete
So fun Jen!!! I need to get some of those sheets to use next.ReplyDelete
Love the card and technique! TFS!ReplyDelete