header

Pages

6.20.2011

Congratulations, Friend

Good afternoon! Today after school I made a color-blocked card for the latest challenge at CAS-ual Fridays.

I chose a cute tree image stamp that has been in my stash for a while, although I don't think I have ever used it before. Stamps with lots of positive space (ya know, where the ink will go) kind of scare me because it is more difficult to get a good impression. I used a trick I learned to flip the cardstock over and rub it over the stamp- it worked pretty well!

I went with some fun coordinating colors for the trees, and adhered them to the card with foam tape. I also used my scalloped scissors to make a decorative edge on the card.



The "friend" part of the sentiment is from my trusty "Mini Card Creations II" set from SP and Co, found here.

So glad you could visit!

8 comments:

  1. Great card, I shy away from negative image stamps but they are totally perfect for this challenge :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty colors and love that you've incorporated stamping into your blocks. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW Jen,

    I love the love of this card!!! The four box square is delightful <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! The stamped images and color work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Very cute card! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...