header

Pages

6.18.2011

OCC Color Challenge...with a twist

Hey there! It's time for another challenge at Our Creative Corner. This week's hostess, Lori Rider, chose some great colors for everyone to use! The twist is that the project must be made by using 3 different punches- and one of those has to be a border punch.

My card used:
balloon punch
corner-rounder punch
scalloped border punch

I was kind of inspired by the movie Up- I thought a house with balloons would make the perfect card to congratulate someone who just moved. (I actually made this card a week or so ago, because a friend of mine from work just moved into a new house!!! Hooray for her!!)

The clouds, the sentiment, and some of the balloons are popped up with foam tape for added dimension, the house is die-cut, and I drew the balloon strings in with a marker. Here's the final card:



I really hope you check out the rest of the samples from the DT and play with our challenge this week at Our Creative Corner!

11 comments:

  1. You rocked it...LOVE what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to surprise me with different ideas--meaning out of the box for me. I always love the simplicity of your cards and this is no exception. Very cute card and idea, Jen. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant concept, love how you used the colours too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adoreable, love all the balloons carrying the house!!! Just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the color combo!!! I love your take on it!! I just love your ballons :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, this is so great! What a wonderful take on the challenge - thanks for sharing your movie inspiration! The punched balloons are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sooo cute. i love everything abou it. I have a friend in the process of selling and building a new home I might have to case this one for when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...