header

Pages

6.07.2011

Embellish Text Challenge

I love these monochromatic colors! The Embellish Magazine text challenge made me think of this card I made a few weeks ago. I pretty much CASEd myself, since I really enjoyed weaving the newsprint and wanted to do it again!

I wanted to make a birthday card for a boy, so I die-cut a plane image and layered it over the newsprint weaving with foam adhesive. I made a happy birthday banner, and added many unthreaded buttons across the bottom (Cristina, I never knew that unthreaded buttons were controversial until I read your post!!)




So glad you could stop by!

5 comments:

  1. How cool is this, love the texty aeroplane.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, box this up and put a bow on it b/c whomever receives this will be receiving a true GIFT! Just awesome! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Trends Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I never knew it either until I was reading a recent post by Susan Raihala, but apparently there are a lot of people out there who are anti-unthreaded buttons. Weird. I would love your buttons any which way, though. And I adore that airplane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab design, Jen! Love how you weaved the newsprint. And I tend to leave my buttons unthreaded too. I'm such a rebel, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...