header

Pages

1.01.2011

Happy New Year!

Happy 2010! I know I have been missing for awhile, but I have been so wrapped up with Christmas stuff! Making cards, making presents, etc....

I'm finally back, and was excited to squeeze in a card this morning after my husband and I got back from our friend's place. We're also getting ready to go hang out in Boston in a few minutes. It's really nice out, like 50 degrees!

This card is a 2fer. I'm totally loving the inspiration photos, above, from OTWC. In addition, my glittery chip board letters and rhinestones make this card perfect for the Moxie Fab World Challenge, "Glitter is Glam!"

I made the New Year's ball from a cardstock circle covered in aluminum foil, then I added the texture by stabbing it repeatedly with a knitting needle. Hey, whatever works, huh?




One last thing- I took these pics using my new light tent that I got for Christmas. I'm still playing around with it, and I'm not quite sure how to get the pics the way I like them. Please comment if you have any tips! I much prefer to take pics outside, but the cold weather and wind often prevents that in the wintertime...any help with indoor shots will be greatly appreciated! :)

7 comments:

  1. I love your take on this week's colors at OTWC. You're so creative to make that disco ball out of foil! Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Creative and Fun! Thanks for playing along with us this week at OTWC and Good Luck! Happy New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative you are to make your disco ball out of foil....this card is perfect for the challenges! Thanks for playing along with OTWC this week!

    I think your pics look great! I just got a light box too and not sure how to use it just yet....I much prefer to take my photos outside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen! Thanks for entering the Glitter is Glam challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous New Year card, Jen! Love the dramatic colors and sparkle. Good luck with the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is super duper rad!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glam design, Jenn! Thanks for playin with us at OTWC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...