header

Pages

1.05.2011

Masculine Christmas

I know...Christmas? I'm getting a (*huge*) headstart on Christmas 2011. A new challenge blog, Jingle Bells, is having weekly holiday themes all year. The goal is to have a bunch of cards done by December...I hope I follow through! The card I made incorporates the challenge of "something old/something new." For the old: colored paper strips were cut from scraps of cardstock I had in my ever-growing scrap boxes. For the new: I used a new white pen (my husband put gelly pens in my stocking this year! Woohoo!), and the thread is new too. I had just recently finished the last of my white thread before the holidays. Now- I have to be honest- I'm not in love with this card, and considered not posting it. It only made it to the blog since I don't often make masculine cards, and I wanted some variety.





4 comments:

  1. ok, i cannot imagine what you don't love about this--it's clean, it's graphic, it's bold and colorful and masculine and even if it WAS NOT all of those things...it's a HAND MADE CHRISTMAS CARD!!!!!!! but i can relate to the feeling of having something just NOT be what you want it to be at the moment, so i totally applaud you for posting it anyway, well done you!!! thanks for joining the fun at jingle belles, too--more is definitely merrier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clean graphic feel to this design ... and such fun, yet unexpected colors for a holiday greeting ... I for one would love finding this in my mailbox ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your masculine card!!! I'm glad that you posted it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I for one am glad you posted this beauty! I love how you used the paper strips and I heart the sewing!! It adds so much! I must remember to add that to my next card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...