header

Pages

1.03.2011

Relax!


It feels good to be back in the swing of non-Christmas crafting. I went back to work today after having the week off, and it wasn't as hard as I expected. Well, except for the alarm going off...I hate that thing! My husband always says I can't complain since I get so many days off during the year...I guess he's right. I'm lucky to have such a great job!

I made this card for the challenge at CASE Study. I was really inspired by Nina's card, so much that I took many elements from hers and incorporated it into mine. The color scheme, layout, and subject matter are pretty much what she had.

I put the die cut chair on with foam adhesive, and used white embossing powder for the chandeliers. By the way, I made the most amazing discovery last night while assembling this card! I always get reaaaaaly frustrated with the small little flecks of embossing powder that get everywhere when I use the white. I used to never be able to get rid of them! I would try to gently brush them away, but that never worked great. I tried anti-static dryer sheets, but it
didn't work either. And while in the craft store, I could never find the little anti-static products made just for this purpose. So I pretty much avoided the white embossing powder, until I learned that cornstarch works to keep those stray powders away! I just put some on the paper, stamp and emboss as usual, then brush away the cornstarch. Works perfectly every time! Maybe you already knew that, or have a trick of your own, but I figured mine was worth sharing-especially if someone out there reading this suffered from the same problems as me!

So anyway....here's the card:



6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love those stripes of ribbon at the top. And cornstarch! Brilliant! I use my anti-static pillow thing that's supposed to be made for just that purpose, but I wouldn't say it works great. Thanks for the tip, and thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brillant take on Nina's card! I agree with Cristina, the rows of ribbon and bows are stunning!! Thanks for sharing at CASE study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is gorgeous, Jennifer! Thank you so much for playing along with us! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute! I'd be more than happy to receive this as a gift, its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...