header

Pages

5.21.2011

OCC Frame It

Hello! This morning my friend and I are hosting a recital for our private music students. I'm so excited, although I had a little breakdown last night when I realized that I printed all of the programs with the year "2010"....augh! Hopefully a trip to Kinkos before the recital starts (10:30am) will fix everything!

I have a card to share that I made for this week's challenge at Our Creative Corner. Linda Coughlin (the Funkie Junkie) is our host again, and she came up with "Frame It." Make a frame for your project out of cardstock, chipboard...whatever! Just make sure that the frame is raised up off of the background.

I die-cut a black cardstock frame for my card, as well as an identically shaped piece out of cool blue and green paper. I adhered the paper straight to the card, and layered a felt branch sticker on top. The last step was to put some foam tape on the back of the back frame, line it up with the blue paper, and stick it down. Luckily, my foam tape is the same thickness as the felt sticker, so the frame lies evenly.

I love the big sentiment on this card!



I grabbed my color inspiration from Off the Wall Craftiness:


I hope you join us this week at Our Creative Corner! Make sure to check out the awesome samples from the DT while you are there :)

8 comments:

  1. Very effective and I like the way it spotlights the framed part of the branch. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love your spotlighting! Thanks for joining us each challenge at OTWC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stunning! Love the bright, bold colors in the frame against the kraft background. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, Jen - your colors are fantastic and the spotlight with the frame is just fabulous! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Jen! the spotlight effect is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that big branch image and that sentiment/font combo? oh my. Great job! Thanks for playing along with the OTWC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!!! Trust me....I have been there with the music programs...lol!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...