header

Pages

5.10.2011

SP and Co May Blog Hop- RELEASE DAY!

Today is the release day for the new May stamp set at SP and Company! I'm so glad you joined us for this multi-day hop. If you came here via Ivette, you're on the right track! Otherwise, you can go back to the SP and Co blog to start from the beginning.

If you missed days 1-3, make sure to go back and comment so you can be entered to win some great prizes!

Here's a peek at the new set, Round Sentiments:

I used these stamps to make a cute gift set and tag:
I stamped the heart all over some kraft cardstock in Versamark ink to make a patterned background for my tag. I used the same heart stamp to make a border to go around my gift box:

See those candles in there? They are stamped with the Round Sentiments too!

I used a technique that I think I read about in Paper Crafts magazine. I stamped onto a white napkin (the article said to use white tissue paper, which I had none of at the time!), cut around the sentiment, then placed it on the candle. I shot it with my heat gun which melted the candle a bit (and smelled amazing might I add (scented candles)), which formed a thin layer over my stamped napkin, sealing it in. Ya follow?
I got better at it with each one I did (the one in the foreground above was my first attempt, and the one below was my last)
Oh happy day indeed. :)

You're next stop is the lovely Kate.
Happy hopping!

13 comments:

  1. fabulous love the stamped candles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these, i have tried these b4 and they look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stamp set - makes such a cute gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that's amazing! I never would have thought you could stamp on candles. Not sure if I'd try it. I think I would mess it up but you never know. TFS!

    nanettemtatyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  5. This set is just adorable Jen.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool idea, my daughter had given candles for christmas gifts and everyone was amazed, including me...great idea, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you stamped on the candles, such a great technique. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen this is great ... love it...

    TFS..

    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Cute! I love the round sentiments. Very cute ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome idea with the candles !! Very very cool .. and the box and the tag ..oh my !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful gift set! Love what you did with the candles....it makes the gift so special! And those are some happy colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great gift set. I am so trying that candle technique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so clever to stamp right on the tealights!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...