header

Pages

5.22.2011

Polka Dot Frenzy!

The current challenge at Lawnscaping is called "Polka Dot Frenzy," and I wanted to use my "Partly Cloudy" set in a new way. Since the umbrella is a solid image, I inked up the stamp, then pressed a polka dot stamp on top to remove some of the ink (I'm sure there is a name for this technique, I just don't know what it is!)

Although I wouldn't say I have a "frenzy" of polka dots, I do like the look. I also used the cloud stamp to add texture to the background. I stamped first onto a piece of cardstock, and adhered 2 more scraps of cardstock behind it. I cut out around the stamped image (all 3 layers so it was really thick), and using my embossing mat I was able to deboss the Lawn Fawn cloud!

The effect is subtle, and was a pain to photograph. On the last pic, I bumped up the contrast so you can see the debossing better.


And I used the sketch from CPS:


7 comments:

  1. Super cute! I always forget about the umbrella stamp. BTW, the technique is called "stamp kissing". You can find lots of tutorials on YouTube, but you did it perfectly. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the color palette. Just lovely! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so pretty. Love the colors and how you interpreted the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Jennifer!! Thanks for playing along with CPS this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love your stamp kissing technique on the umbrella! Super clever!!!! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the strip of lace in the background!! Great job with the CPS sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That embossing in the background looks so nice! TFS =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...