header

Pages

10.07.2012

A quick card!

Happy belated World Card Making Day, my friends!  I feel like I missed out on all of the festivities.  Yesterday was my niece's baptism, so of course it was more important to be with family.  Dave and I traveled to NY, and were thrilled to see everyone.  All of my grandparents were together in one place- which is rare since one set lives in Florida and the other set is in New Jersey.  Both of my grandfathers are in their 90s, and my grandmas are almost there too.  I think they all look great- don't you?
Out of the 7 pictures of us my husband took, there is not ONE where we are all looking at the camera!  2 people out of 5 ain't bad, right? hehe

Today I wanted to make at least one card to make up for yesterday's lack of card making.  Short on time, I thought the perfect challenge to do would be the 10 Minute Craft Dash

 I've been meaning to try this one since it started!!  In addition, I chose to participate with Julie Ebersole's Holiday Greeting challenge at Ellen Hutson.


The total time to complete the card was just over 9 minutes, although I don't know the exact time since I paused mid-way through to text a friend.

So glad you could stop by!

9 comments:

  1. They look fabulous..so do you :) Seriously, though, how wonderful that you got to see your grandparents!

    Awesome craft dash card..love the added stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so lovely! I am loving the different sentiments and the fun additions of the stars, ornament and snowflake!

    I'm so thrilled you heard about my challenge, Jennifer! Thank you for playing along in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. I hope you'll join along in the fun again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the fact that they're all looking other ways makes it so much fun! I can't believe they're all looking so great at that age, that's awesome! And for your card..whoo hoo I saw you buy those stars at AE, I love how you used them on this card. I've been meaning to try this 10 minute dash...maybe today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that photo of you and your grandparents! SO fun!! You look AMAZING:) LOVE your card too--love the stars and the pop of color! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a special picture. After everything that has been happening the last month and half I can say this without any doubt.... This picture will be one of your biggest treasures. So cool and I agree they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely for you to get to spend some time with your grandparents, and I think the photo is AWESOME!!!

    Absolutely love your take on the challenge--but then, I love pretty much everything you do!

    I don't always have time to comment, but I wanted to tell you that I just ADORE your designs and visit frequently to ogle them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely pic - one to treasure!
    Awesome take on the challenge!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet pic of you and your grandparents:)

    Love what you did with you card! Love the blue/red combo and those stars, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I am going to call you skins from now on! This is very special, you have great genes :)

    Ps wood veneer stars are my fav!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...