header

Pages

10.21.2012

The post you've all been waiting for...

Well, maybe not ALL of you. I'm probably lucky if even a handful of you care at all about this post!

Tonight I'm sharing some cosplay pics from New York Comic Con!  Although they might not be our best efforts (I think my fave costumes we have done so far were from PAX East earlier this year), we still had a great time!

I decided to go as Black Widow (in her comic book costume, not the one from the recent movies), and Dave was Hawkeye.  Here's what we were going for:

 

Let's start off with the traditional pics that my parents take at their house before we take the train into NYC (they live on Long Island)


...and here are some random ones from the convention:



We found a Nick Fury and Captain America...good photo op! (sorry for the blurry phone pic)

I thought this girl had a good Final Fantasy costume.  I LOVE that outfit so much, that I painted it a while back.


And lastly, our (apparently) traditional pics of us scarfing down Subway sandwiches.  I know there are much better places to eat while in Manhattan, but Subway is a block away from the convention center, and it's quick!  We always go out to a nicer dinner in the city the following day.....

19 comments:

  1. Yeah! You look awesome, Jen! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Jen! I have no idea what Comic Con is but you look fabulous! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so awesome! I've never been to NYCC but have been going to the San Diego CC for many years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, la la! Great costumes! I was just telling my hubby yesterday about your awesome Comic Con costumes, and here you are showing me some more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked crazy good in that outfit says the chubby mom of 4. No way I would have the confidence to wear it or eats at anytime while in it! And the hubby in the Sun glasses Looked cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesomesauce!! I love Cosplay, although never had a go at it myself. Perhaps one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I was totally waiting for these, since my house is costume central just about every day, love to see the fun continuing on into the more mature agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I'm with Wida! You look amazing.... (Says the chubby mom of 3). Love the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahah I think you two did a great job! You really do look like the characters! It looks like you had a blast, too :) Can't wait to hear more about it on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look awesome in that costume! I am curious where your parents live; I live on Long Island (Nassau's north shore).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love your costumes. I would love to send my kids (17 and 19) to a Comic Con.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your costumes are so well done! And you looked totally awesome in yours! Enjoyed looking at the pictures, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Great customes and both of you look fab! Enjoyed all the photos, Jen! Thanks for sharing them:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so cute! And such a little hottie in that costume! I bet you got lots of attention in your fab costume!!! Your Dh prob had to beat the guys off of you! :)

    So fun. That's cool you both do this together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome. the black widow is amazing. well done all of you! (p.s. I love a good costume and appreciate that you went to comic con)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...