header

Pages

6.22.2013

CSS Rag Dolls

Before I get to my post for this morning, I want to say, "Thank you!!" Although I didn't advance to the final round of Gallery Idol, I'm thankful that I made it to the top 10  :)

-----------------------------------------------


You may have seen the Clear and Simple Stamps rag doll stamps before, and now they have the perfect companion...real rag dolls!

Using the new CSS dies, I was able to construct a doll using some fun fabric I had in my stash.  I've shown sewing projects on my blog before, so I'm glad to add another to the mix :)


The dies made it easy because I didn't have to worry about a pattern or cutting out pieces by hand. I did, however, add a trim to the bottom of the dress, little shoes, and a bow.  This doll was fun to customize!


...and of course I needed a matching card:

(isn't that bike fabric the cutest?!) 




I know I say this all the time, but it's true- I'm excited to see what the other girls made for today!! I hope you visit them too:

Audrey
Elena
Stephany
Clear and Simple Stamps













!!

My Utility Belt (tools I use often!)


7 comments:

  1. I love your rag doll sooo much! the bike fabric is fantastic, and how adorable to use it on the card! I bow down to your sewing skills - I wish I knew how to add the little booties like that :) amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This rag doll is gorgeous! I love your sewing projects as much as I love your cards and your art! And that is A LOT! :-) I'm sorry that you didn't progress to the next stage in Gallery Idol. You are definitely one of my favourite card makers out there, regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!! Love how you customized your doll too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you going all rag doll! This is totally adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just FABULOUS!! I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rag doll is adorable! I think her hair is perfect--no stringy yarn to try to keep in place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, your doll is perfection! Love that pale pink bicycle fabric and the gray accents you gave her. What cute shoes and I love the darling bow!! Oh and that card is awesome.... I've gotta make one. So creative!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...