header

Pages

6.10.2013

Triangle Thanks



I need to express my gratitude...thank you to anyone who voted for me in Paper Crafts' Gallery Idol competition...I made it through to top 15!!

This weekend's challenge is a goodie- to stamp a background.  Here's what I came up with:


Last month I bought PTI's Tiny Triangles set, and hadn't yet inked them up (crazy, huh!?)  It was fun to  use a small image repeatedly to create a solid background on white cardstock.

First, I had to choose a color scheme.  I tested out a bunch of options in search of a bold combination:


Once that was settled, I got out my supplies (minus the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.  At first I thought I needed it, but I ended up being fine without it).



I found the center of my cardstock using a ruler/grid mat, and drew a line straight across.  Accuracy is EXTREMELY important when attempting to stamp a geometric background, and the line I drew helped me keep things level.

Next....I stamped away! I rotated the triangle clockwise as I stamped across and changed color.  Ink a color, stamp it onto the cardstock, clean off the stamp, rotate the stamp, ink a new color..... this process took quite a bit of time, but it was fun! (yes, I'm serious- repetitive tasks are fun!)

Whoops- I messed up a bit...

No worries, it'll get covered up later.  I first cut 2 strips of thin black cardstock and adhered them to the top and bottom of my pattern with some liquid glue...

...and followed that up with a thicker strip of cardstock (placed right over my prior mistake! yay!)

Next, I die cut some letters using the High Rise Lowercase Alphabet from My Favorite Things, and adhered some foam tape:

Once I stuck the letters to the card, I adhered the whole front to a black card base:
(you love the mess in the background, don't you!?!)

.....and done!

Now it's voting time! Please go HERE and check out the entries, then vote for your favorite! If you think you want to vote for mine, then you can find a direct link to my entry on the side bar to the right.

So glad you could pop by! :)


18 comments:

  1. Fantastic stamping! I love the color combo, it's so bold and graphic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out fabulous, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously colourful background Jennifer! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Stamping perfection! The color scheme you picked was perfect. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thanks for the tutorial too--Your card really stood out to me this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really super. congrats on moving ahead in Idol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing stamping Jen! Your end result is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing your creation process with us too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your stamping process, Jen! The design is so eye-catching and beautiful! Well done! Good luck on this round!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unbelievably awesome! Love seeing your process! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVEEE your color combo, fantastic background stamping....amazing card Jen!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You aligned the sentiment fabulously! I love how the letters are perfectly offset!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just voted for ya! This card spoke to me - colorful, happy, precise, original. Yup, works for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats! And thanks so much for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome background! Good luck to the next round!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on making Top 10, Jen! You totally intimidated me with this awesome card. AMAZING work! I think I would have made more than ONE little mistake and there would have been tears, LOL! I'm so, so excited for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...